Thursday, May 20, 2010

Not In Front of the News

Bing! You've got newsletter! You're going to want to spend a lot of time with this one, we've really outdone ourselves for this launch. New platforms! Extra content! Early Launch! No wonder it's been a madhouse... But you can read all about it in the monthly HI paper (so to speak). As for me, it's Thursday, so I've sat down with another hard-working, candy-loving, HI employee.

This week's interview is courtesy of our Art Director, Kyle. Listen and enjoy!

- Blurb of the Week -
I’ve been helping manage bugs [errors] and fixes to puzzles and art for ND23. I’ve also got my own art environments to work on. I’m responsible for texturing a few key small environments that transition between major ones. Because our games are heavily laced with thematic elements, it’s important for me to make sure the lighting for these scenes reflect the transitions correctly, not just in terms of setting but also mood. I also handle a lot of boring, ‘paper-worky’ stuff… Yeah, that’s the technical term.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the 'skinny' on what's big!

Catch you folks tomorrow for the puzzle. Peace!

- Novel (9)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Novel,

Do you know if there will ever be a new Nancy Drew game for the Wii?

Novel_Sleuth said...

@anon - Unfortunately I've got zero info on this topic. They're pretty tight-lipped about projects these days. We did enjoy doing the first one, so you can be certain that we're hankering to do another.

- Novel -