Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Historic Candy

I dropped a file folder in between my desk and the wall. It is a very narrow space and my hand was just too thick to reach in between and grab it. So I began to think like Nancy, and looked around at my resources. Pencil? Nope, too short. Thin notebook? Nope, it was too flimsy. Ruler? There wasn't a ruler anywhere around.

So then I decided to search the kitchen, where we keep all sorts of knickknacks and tools. After opening several drawers, I came across something that looked vaguely familiar, although I had never seen this specific piece before:

A candy stick! I heard a rumor that this candy was a helpful visual reference for a past game (can you name the game?). This looked sturdy, long and thin enough for my challenge. Amazingly, it did help to retrieve my folder in between the desk and wall. My point to prove: random resources can indeed help you overcome a challenge if you think creatively the way Nancy does. :)

I wonder how old that candy really is...and if it's still edible.
~Little Jackalope~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last Train to BlueMoon Canyon!!! Nancy uses a taffy stick to retrive the key to Camille's crypt from the gate!!!!!! I <3 that game!!!
Your Biggest Fan,
Syd

Philip said...

Not sure if this counts, but the gum in "The Final Scene" on the wand comes pretty close to this scenario. :D

And in Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, we get to use a taffy stick, I believe, to get a key in a grate. :D

Ms. It's Locked said...

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon!!!!! (Can I PLEASE have a Koko Kringle Bar???)
~Ms. It's Locked

X-factor said...

#13 Last Train to Blue moon Canyon, right? You needed the candy stick to reach the crypt's key under the drain grate.

Anonymous said...

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon! It is a taffy stick and Nancy uses it to get a key out.
-Emmie

ILUVNANCY!!! said...

Hey like the taffy in Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon! That's so funny!

imrachelnicole said...

It's from Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. Nancy uses it to get the key out of the grate.

Also, there is that pop thing from The Haunted Carousel that she uses to get the letter down...

But, that is the candy. =)

Anonymous said...

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon!

Samantha Bartley said...

Ohh! That is funny! I remember doing that in Blue Moon Canyon! It's kinda ironic that that would happen at Her Interactive...:)

Anonymous said...

Never actually had that candy,but I've had things like it.I belive that is from the game Lst Train to Blue Moon Canyon.I think she had to lick it get it sticky enough to retrieve a key that had fallen through a grate.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

On last train to blue moon canyon.

Little Jackalope said...

Wow, you guys are good! This candy was used for a reference for the artists working on Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, meaning that this candy stick is at least 6 years old. >.<

Philip said...

Whoa!! That is a pretty old piece of candy! And now that you mentioned it, that candy stick looks almost exactly like the taffy in TRN! Thanks for pointing that out, we love behind-the-scenes information like this! :D

Rebekah said...

The Taffy job in last train to blue moon canyon!! Oh, I played that a million times! It can never get boring. By camille's crypt to get the key! I always wanted to play Camille on the piano, and my friend acomponying me with her flute! Do you know if I can get the sheet music? Even if it costs money?
~Rebekah~

Detective Togo said...

It looks just like the taffy from Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon!