Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Behind the Scenes of TMB: Jamila

We are getting more excited for the the release of Tomb of the Lost Queen! Today (literally a few hours ago) we received the final samples of the DVD cover, you know, the nice paper that slips into the case? See below:

Sadly, we don't have the game disks yet, they are still being replicated.

I'd thought to show you a little bit more behind-the-scenes stuff for Tomb of the Lost Queen. Check it out! Our character Designer, Van, let me spy on his work-in-progress. Can you tell which character he's working on here?

His work is one of the earliest that begins on a new game. (This picture was taken August 10th, 2011!) He first starts out with character direction from our designer: the person, clothing, details etc. and designs how they look based on those references. After the original concept illustrations are done, he begins on this base 3D modeling. Later, the character will get color and texture and joints so she can move, then she's off to be animated!

~Little Jackalope~

6 comments:

Future Animator said...

Oh wow! Those pictures are making me SO excited!! :D
Nice box! Obviously, as my screen name states, I want to be an animator for you guys one day. So I was devouring these pictures and info. ;D

Meagan said...

That's so cool!! I've always wondered how the whole character designing process goes...

Anonymous said...

Just looking at the DVD cover makes me more excited by the second. :) I can't wait much longer for TMB. Only 21 more days until it's released in stores. Yay!!!! I mean 21 loooong days. XD The early 3D modeling pictures of Jamila El-Dine is sooo cool. It's very fascinating how the characters are designed. Tell Van he did an AWESOME job. Thanks for sharing the pictures. =)
-K.C. <3

Anonymous said...

Ooh. I like the cover. I think the character's Jamila El-Dine because that's a tag, Jamila is in the name of the picture and it seems like an Egyptian name.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's alot of work. It takes alot of time,but tell him how happy I am that his characters look AMAZING!! They get more and more life like as new games come out. Take Toni from Alibi for example,she looked incredible!Anyways...It's really cool! Thanks for posting.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Hannah said...

Wow, he started that long ago? I honestly don't know how you can stand keeping all those secrets in Little Jackalope! So they'd have to choose where then next game would take place about a year and a half in advance? Amazing! You should put all this info together in a little documentry and put it on You Tube for us, 'cause I tell ya it's facinatin' just facinatin' !

-Hannah (Drew Detective)