Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Mystery: Easter Egg (Part 1)

First things first: Happy birthday Samantha! (I know your birthday was on Friday, but I hope you had a great birthday weekend!!)

Also, today's the last day to post your creative caption to the Facebook Caption Contest!


Has the weekend puzzle got you stumped? (Insert evil grin). Time for a hint! Once you solve the first part, use [this as your key].

Late last Friday, I discovered something rather odd. Look here:


Umm... what is a real chicken's egg doing in my top desk drawer? I began questioning the team around me, but they were denying ownership. I suspect a culprit must have read my blog post last Thursday about the Easter Egg, and decided to tease me about it. No one is confessing this, though. Hmm, I went into Nancy mode and began narrating myself (in third person) in my head:

"She then regretted having picked up the egg, for now any visible fingerprints were no longer traceable. Looking around her desk, Little Jackalope could not spot any other evidence that would help in the investigation. She did notice a paper had been dropped off concerning the board game the team had played on Friday.

Who had motive to place this egg in the drawer? "Aha!" she thought. "our Lead Tester had some trouble with the weekend puzzle when I had her test it on Thursday, and then there is the person of whom I doodled all over his white board, but I can't rule out the most prank-likely person in our office (that's right CEO, I would give you credit for pulling clever pranks...although when questioned you seem genuine enough. Still, I shall not rule out anyone yet.) And then there is the only person I know who actually eats eggs in the office: Megan."

Jackalope then went to question the production team, knowing that it was the writer who had dropped off the game paper while she was away. "You were at my desk, correct?" she questioned the him. "Yes, to drop off that paper," he replied. "Then you wouldn't happen to have an explanation for this, would you?" Jackalope presented the white egg and focused intently on his reaction. After denying any knowledge, the producer and a programmer peaked their heads around the corner to see what I held.

After gaining no further clues to the mystery, Jackalope then decided to call it a night, as the rest of the suspects had already gone home. Wishing to keep the egg, but knowing that it wasn't worth eating (how long had it been in her drawer?), she fulfilled her wish of having a Koko Kringle Kookie egg...and colored all over it, throwing it away afterward, but not before snapping a couple of photos."

Voila! My Easter egg. Thank goodness it was hard-boiled or else coloring on it could be dangerous...and messy if it cracked.

The mystery has yet to be solved! I don't even know who the real culprit is, but do you have an idea? The chances are that the culprit is reading this blog post right now, laughing a silent evil laugh and feeling proud that I have not figured it out yet...

~Little Jackalope~

11 comments:

imrachelnicole said...

Well, I don't know who it was who you asked about having the Easter egg in the game for you, but it would be my guess that that is their way of saying yes. ;)

Just a thought, anyway.


-Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

http://rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I may be over thinking this, but when you say "this" do you mean the word "this" or "it's locked" this? Also, I know keys go in locks... and apparently somethings locked, so is that just irony or is that part of the solution, too?

Future Animator said...

I would be so confused if I found an egg in my desk drawer! :) I seriously wish there will be such a thing as a Little Jackalope Easter egg. :)

Anonymous said...

So the other day I was playing Danger by Design and noticed two LOST references!!!!! Are there LOST fans who work at HeR?? Because that makes me love you guys even more, because LOST is my all time favorite show!!!!!
Your Biggest Fan,
Sydney

ILUVNANCY!!! said...

Wow that`s so funny! Why don`t you try setting a trap to figure out who it was, like what Nancy did in the Curse of Blackmoor manor. Ask if somebody put something in your work area, and see if anyone accidentally mentions an egg or your desk drawer. Then you can confront them by saying: I didnt say anything about an egg or a drawer.

Anonymous said...

You said you were with the writer and designer.If it wasn't one of them who physically put the egg in your desk,it was probably one of them who had the idea and told somone else in the office to pull it off,Thus raising your suspicion and throwing you off track.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Anonymous said...

are you guys haveing a photo contest for DED? if you do, i have the best idea for a pic!
P.S. will you be able at some point to buy kokokringle bars from the merchindise store? that would be so cool!

Anonymous said...

OMG you are the greatest doodler! I can 't believe what a coincidence that is! I am so going to doodle a koko Kringle picture on my eggs next Easter! The Little Jackolope Egg Mystery: to be continued...

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I just got TMB!!! I need to find a computer that I can actually install it on! :( & :)

Anonymous said...

WHERES TODAY'S POST?!?!?!?!?!?

Future Animator said...

I have a surprise for you Little J! :D I've been planning this for a long time, and I finally got enough ideas to work on it.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.353691314697047.84070.228945947171585&type=1
You said your favorite book was The Sign of the Twisted Candles right? I had a little photoshoot just for you! :)I hope you like these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.